Labels

Sunday 17 October 2010

Corporate Schmoozin' at Harts Upstairs

This week's Wednesday night dinner evening was out of the ordinary in that we ate at the rather lovely Harts upstairs restaurant, but as part of a corporate event.

The pre-dinner speaker was warm, engaging and brief which is exactly what you need when you've not yet been fed and it is after 7pm!

We had a delicious 4-course menu.

Goats cheese tartlets
Beef medallion, mashed potatoes, green beans and gravy
Ginger creme brulee
Cheese and biscuits

I normally can't eat more than 2 courses, however the portion sizes were such that I ate 3 of the 4 courses (I had grapes instead of cheese and biscuits) without feeling over-full. 

The goat's cheese tartlets were tasty, but nothing out of the ordinary. The beef main course was cooked well to suit the mass-catering nature of the event, and was accompanied by dark, wine-enriched gravy which pulled the whole thing together. I was (no-one will be shocked at this) most impressed with the creme brulee. 

Normally I am the kind of person that does not like creme brulee messed about with. I do not like fruit included, I don't like fancy sauces etc etc. I am prepared to go back on that now. The ginger flavour was included in the thick, crunchy sugar topping and was warm, rich and a perfect foil to the cool, thick cream below. I stand corrected. Mr pastry chef - you did good!

The rating
If only all mass catering were like this!

The summary
Food: European classic
Price: No idea - this was a catered event!
Atmosphere: Tasteful decor that allows for a convivial atmosphere without being overpowering, swift and discreet waiting service

Contact
Standard Hill
Park Row
Nottingham
NG1 6GN
info@hartsnottingham.ac.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment