Labels

Sunday 3 October 2010

Introducing.....my regular dining buddy

Okay so this post has a little more interest to it in that I am introducing my charming, modest, intelligent (did I get that all in?) dining partner. 

Who happens to be single. 

I'd love to matchmake so.......

Here he is:
















Likes:
Dinners
Rugby matches
Dancing
Beer
Football / cricket
White Wine
Lemon-based puddings


Dislikes:
Red Wine
Cheese in soup


Okay so this week we went French. Le Bistrot Pierre. We booked in advance in the afternoon as it's a popular spot and even on a weekday just turning up can lead to you being turned away (boo).

They had a good specials board but we went for the £13.50 2 course pre theatre menu.

It was a lovely experience, nice cosy environment full of chatter. The service was excellent, plenty of time for you to decide on your dinner and once you had decided lightening quick in bringing the drinks and the food. 

It was raining.

It was dark.

I was feeling wintry.

So to match my mood I had 'Le Bourguignon'. The meal was great. A nice and big bowl of bourguignon supplemented by gratin potatoes, shredded cabbage and broccoli. Very tasty. The sauce was thick and rich with the meat disintegrating under my fork. A hearty and flavourful dish done very well.

By the time it had got to pudding I was feeling much less wintry and had their version of Eton mess. Light and fruity it finished the meal well.

It had even stopped raining when we left.
On the table there was a booklet on their themed six course dinner evenings and 3 course dine with wine events, both reasonably priced at under £30 a head. I've never been to one of these but am tempted.


The rating
Enjoyable. Excellent French food served quickly and without airs.

The summary
Food = French regional
Price = Cheap (2 course dinner weekdays for £13.50)
Atmosphere: Warm, welcoming and convivial.

Contact
Le Bistrot Pierre - several locations available.
13-17 Milton Street, Nottingham, NG1 3EN. 0115 941 2850.

No comments:

Post a Comment