Labels

Saturday 21 May 2011

I've found it!

A while ago when out I was too full for a pudding. I know - unusual!


On the table there was a little card advertising a mini pudding and a cup of coffee. I had one - it was great, just enough pudding and a smooth milky coffee. The trouble is I forgot where this was.


Ever since then I have been trying to find out where it was, and this week we've done it!


It's Pizza Express Hockley, Nottingham. The King Street Pizza Express doesn't do it as we've looked there before.


So this week's voucher was courtesy of Tesco. You can swap your points for restaurant vouchers. They cover food, and you only pay for drinks so it can be free if you want it to be.


I had my favourite pizza, the Fiorentina. It's got spinach and an egg on top. The Sicilian lemonade is also good, still, tart and refreshing. It's a good change from over-sweet soft drinks. For afters, a lovely coffee with dough balls and.......Nutella spread to dip. Unusual, and possibly a bit like Marmite in that I think you either love it or hate it. I love it!



The rating:
A reliable option, the food is always tasty and a consistent standard, the Hockley location is more refined and much quieter than it's King Street cousin.

The summary:
Food: Pizza, done well.

Price: Free! Well, nearly. Pizzas are usually around £8.

Atmosphere: Modern, light and airy restaurant with attentive staff and adult clientele. Quieter and more intimate than King Street.

Pizza Express Hockley





24 Goosegate
Nottingham
NG1 1FF
Tel: 0115 912 7888

No comments:

Post a Comment