Labels

Sunday 8 May 2011

A new curry house...The Cumin

Okay so I have been neglecting my blog for a bit, so that means there are a number of places to catch up on!

This one is unusual - a curry on a weeknight. The Cumin is a compact restaurant, which means that you get a very personal service.

We started with poppadums and chutneys, good - but it's difficult to judge a place by them. For mains we had a chicken curry in a creamy tomato sauce and a lamb dish (Saag Gosht). I am afraid I can't remember the name of the chicken dish. It was served nicely in little dishes over candles. We had one rice and a naan bread between us and there was certainly plenty of food. The curries were nicely spiced but not too heavy on the chilli heat. I had a very enjoyable meal.

The host made every effort to make us feel welcome, and the waiter cleared all our food dishes (including little burners) elegantly and all in one journey. I like that, and am always impressed. This is because for my own foray into the world of waiting tables I really was not good at this.

The rating:
Good, definitely worth a visit. 
The summary:
Food: Nicely spiced food, not too chilli hot
Price: Around £11 for main dish curries, diner for two can be got for £15-£20 each.
Atmosphere: Intimate and friendly

Contact:
The Cumin Restaurant, 62-64 Maid Marian Way, Nottingham, NG1 6BJ. 
Tel: 0115 941 9941


No comments:

Post a Comment