Labels

Saturday 6 October 2012

Special spiced chicken, at home

So what do you give your tired husband for dinner when he's tired, hungry and racing around for a weekend of 'playing on (motor) bikes' with his friends?

Mr Huda's curry chicken of course!

We were bought a selection of Mr Huda's pastes for Christmas by my always-seeking-something-different sister in law (mentioned in the previous Handmade Boutique post) and we are gradually working through them.

So-back to the chicken.

It was really easy (a boon for me, I am not a fan of ordinary everyday cooking, I prefer the 'play' cooking - jam, cakes, buns, chutney etc) all I had to do was rub a teaspoonful of Mr Huda's paste onto each chicken breast and then covered it with clingfilm and left it in the fridge all day.

This wasn't the suggested recipe on the pack, and it's the 'kebab' paste that I used (this one)



When it came to drawing together the dinner, I popped it into the oven and simply baked it for  25 minutes. I served it with broccoli, cauliflower and rice, with a little mayo on the side.

It was declared a great success. The chicken was moist and spicy without being too chilli hot, in fact it has been requested again next week :)

I have realised that if I am going to do more of the home-cooked recipes and ingredients you'll probably want to see what it turned out like, unfortunately in this house dinners are eaten as soon as they hit the table so I'll have to make a special effort to show you my outputs as well as my inputs.

I've also used the onion bajee paste (this time following exactly the recipes on the box) to great success for bajees and pakora that taste like they do in the restaurants, but they really are messy!

This is the bajee paste:




Have fun with them curry-lovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment